Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recycled "V" Aluminium Card


Out walking and saw two cans so lovely hubby cut them down and I used them for his birthday card. Cut ends of cans and discard, cut down side and lay flat, being careful not to cut yourself on any jagged edges. Cut a 5" square piece of cardstock, cut out centre piece ( I pencil the inner square on the back and cut with a sharp blade) and put piece of aluminium through your cuttlebug with folder of choice. I used Alcohol Inks to colour, added several colours until I had a combination I liked. Slip aluminium into frame and either glue onto backing board or stick with two sided tape. With Tim Holtz dies I cut the cogs and then mounted them on top of each other with foam mounting tape, finally finishing with a brass cog. Add number of choice and sentiment, love the effect.

No comments: