Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birthday Card


This birthday card I made for my granddaughter Vittoria, 5 " square with mounted frame on top, coloured with distress inks and stamped with dots and distress embossed. The cogs are coloured shrink plastic (I have found that oven shrinking retains shape better than heat gunned). The top I free hand drew, covered with jac paper and orange glitter, then put dimensional glue all over to keep in place. The skirt is made from the top layer of a serviette, peel off the other two layers before pleating. Flowers were white and I coloured with copic pens and centred with glitter, I loved the finished effect.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

All I can say, Denise, is I missed your cards and this is why! How really creative and what a piece of art! Love how you drew the bodice and your colors are wonderful!!